This is the recipe for the Tuscan bean soup that I made on 16th June 2013. Steve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved, washed and sliced finely
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato, stock and 1 cup of cold water.
- Using a fork crush half of the bean. Add to pan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add spinach and remaining beans to pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
This tuscan bean soup recipe recipe was gathered from taste.com.au